Eastern Area Convention of Young People in Alcoholics Anonymous
May 28, 2011
Host Committee Responsibilities
Upon Being Awarded The Convention…
1. In selecting the dates of the convention weekend, the Host Committee members shall
contact Area officers within the convention region and identify dates of state or other
large Conventions. This information needs to be reviewed before making a decision
about the date of the convention weekend.
2. The Host Committee secretary shall send monthly reports containing Host Committee
meeting minutes and updated contact info on host committee to Advisory Council
3. The Host Committee treasurer shall send monthly financial reports to Advisory
Council chair and secretary and shall present a proposed budget to Advisory Council
by the midyear event.
4. The Host Committee Chair shall be responsible for submitting a final statement of
revenue and expenses, a final tally of registrations, room nights (blocked and booked)
and a final report of all costs associated with the convention and events within sixty
days of the close of the convention.
5. The Registration Chair of the Host Committee is responsible for presenting a
registration report detailing the number of registrations quarterly to Advisory Council
secretary and chair, as well as monthly within the last three months of before the
convention. The chair is also responsible for returning the EACYPAA mailing list to
Advisory Council with the new additions and corrections from the convention within
sixty days of the close of the convention.
6. The Host Committee must provide a permanent mailing address for the convention.
7. Three months prior to the convention the Host Committee is asked to send an
announcement to the Grapevine and Box 459.
8. A $1,000,000 insurance policy must be obtained and secured at least 10 days prior to
the convention naming the Host Committee as “insured” and the Eastern Area
Convention of Young People in Alcoholics Anonymous as “additional insured.” Proof
of said policy must be presented to the Advisory Council Chair at least 10 days before
the convention. The policy must be active through the entire convention.
9. The Host Committee is responsible for arranging and hosting a midyear campout near
the Host city. The Host Committee is expected to chair a Saturday night AA meeting
at the campout and to meet with Advisory Council to discuss the upcoming
10. The Host Committee shall set up a website for the purpose of outreach and
11. The Host Committee will strive in all activities to follow the Principles, Traditions, and
Concepts of Alcoholics Anonymous and the goals set forth in the Facts, Aims, and
Purposes of EACYPAA.
At The Convention…
12. The Host Committee is to provide a comfortable meeting facility for the Advisory
Council, starting the day before registration begins and continuing for the duration of
the convention. (Advisory Council will be spending a majority of the weekend in this
room.) We ask that this room:
a. Be a conference room for approximately 20 persons;
b. Have coffee service available;
c. Have a whiteboard; and
d. Internet/Wi-Fi service is requested.
13. The Host Committee will schedule a meeting to be held by the Thursday prior to the
convention for the election of new Advisory Council members from the Host
Committee, and give notice to the Advisory Council when elections will be held.
14. Work with the Advisory Council to schedule at the convention a “How to Bid for
EACYPAA” panel with seating for 50 people.
15. A Bid Session should be scheduled on the Saturday of the Convention starting at or
around 9:00 a.m. with no specific closing time. This room should seat 200 people and
have a head table for 20 people, with a podium and a microphone.
16. Please leave time for Advisory Council to make announcements at the conclusions of
the Friday and Saturday night meetings.
17. A locking room, close to convention traffic, is needed for the EACYPAA Archives.